Friday 12 June 2015

Discernment


I am studying Philippians 1; 3-18

("and this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in the knowledge and depth of insight")

What a beautiful prayer. Paul also talks about struggle.
I have been battling with a health condition for many years now and knowing God's will, is so important to me. I have had some pretty challenging situations and scary times with my condition. It has been very emotional and trying to look at a positive future has had its ups and downs. However, I know I am not alone in my journey of struggles (we all have them), knowing God is there, makes all the difference to me.
Discernment is the spiritual practice that accesses and seeks to understand what God is trying to say. Underlining the understanding of discernment, is the belief that God speaks to His people in different ways - that His desires of communication with us is far greater, than our desire to hear (my blog in May,"The Same Love" video by Paul Baloche, is a brilliant example). Discernment is important so that when we  are confronted with testing times, we  ask ourselves "What is God doing in this situation?, Is he asking me to act, to watch, to speak? Do I go ahead or wait, Do I have to forgive, be patient, make a plan or write a Post it...? In discernment our love grows in depth of insight.



Thank you for sharing this heartfelt short film -
Micheal Evans.
Words are powerful...

God bless x

National Prayer Weekend

CWR National Prayer Weekend  (28th- 30th September 2018) National Prayer Weekend brings thousands of Christians together to pray fo...