Tuesday 23 June 2015

Wisdom requires strategy


Today I am studying Proverbs 14:1-18
(The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways-v8)

When I was younger, I used to smoke cigarettes and over time developed a "smoker's cough". It got so bad that I really had to stop smoking. As you can imagine, that is easier said than done. It had become the "norm", part of my everyday life. Most of the people I socialized with smoked too, temptation was all around me and breaking this habit was going to be tough, I tried so many times and failed, so I had to think of a strategy to help me stop. I had to change my routine, not put myself in temptations way and be very disciplined. It was hard work, my friends were very supportive, and helped me achieve my goal.  I can safely say that I did it, my cough has gone and I feel much better.
It takes humility to develop a strategy, to recognize that our own strengths may not be enough when faced with temptation and that we are weak.
Prudence is the exercise of good judgement so that we can avoid danger or challenging situations. Having a regular plan can make all the difference and thinking about what we can do to make life easier. We are all creatures of habit and most of the time we are on automatic pilot and that is when we make mistakes and do foolish things.
God is always there to give us support.
Thank you Lord, your name is Holy.



Thank you for sharing this wonderful video - 
FirstBaptistRaytown
God bless x

National Prayer Weekend

CWR National Prayer Weekend  (28th- 30th September 2018) National Prayer Weekend brings thousands of Christians together to pray fo...