Tuesday 21 July 2015

Absurd lives?


Today I am looking at John 10:1-11
(I have come that they may have life, and have it in full - v10)

When reading John 10, I recalled a time when I was visiting one of our town's shopping malls. I was waiting to get into a lift to get to my destination. I picked the smaller size lift as there was quite a lot of people using them and I wasn't in a rush. As I watched, people entered the other lift and off it went. A few minutes later the doors opened and to my surprise the same people were still in there. No one moved and off it went again. I was really puzzled as it happened again. The same people were still standing there. I looked up above the doors and I saw a glowing "red button". When the doors open this time, I alerted the people that the lift was broken and wasn't moving. So the people got out, but what really amazed me was that the people standing out in front of the broken lift. heard what I said and still got in the lift. It was absurd!!
Absurd means senseless and meaningless.The beauty of this scripture is that Jesus came to save us,"I am the good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me"-v14.
But do we listen to Him? Does His words fall on deaf-ears?
Just like a shepherd and his flock, the sheep know him, they know his voice and so they follow him. he care for them and will keep them safe. A hired man does not care, if a  wolf should comes along, he will run away and leave them.
Jesus came to give us eternal life and we will never perish if we follow Him and listen to His word.
Psalm 150 -"Let everything that breath praise the Lord"- v6
Praise the Lord.
Amen.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words in this video
 -Stanley George
God bless x  

National Prayer Weekend

CWR National Prayer Weekend  (28th- 30th September 2018) National Prayer Weekend brings thousands of Christians together to pray fo...